Double 4K Sensor Now Compatible with Drone System
ST. PAUL, Minn. – Mar. 22, 2023 – Sentera, the industry-leading provider of ag analytics, today announced that its versatile Double 4K Sensor is now compatible with the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise.
In recent years, ag drone systems have proven to be a suitable technology solution to get plant-level data at key growth stages throughout the season. Traditional data capture relied on manual methods that tend to be time-consuming and often prone to human error.
“With the addition of a sensor built for ag data capture, the compact, high-endurance DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise lends itself well to capturing aerial imagery for field-level data,” said Ryan Nelson, chief mechanical engineer, Sentera. “Whether looking for an entry-level ag drone system or upgrading an older drone, we’re excited to offer a solution that maximizes field-level insights.”
Sentera’s Double 4K Sensor, which is available in four variations, easily connects to the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise. The dual cameras on the sensor operate in tandem with the wide-lens camera on the drone, maximizing aerial capture for deeper insights.
Captured imagery can then be processed via Sentera’s data science ecosystem to generate plant-level measurements, including:
- Canopy Cover, characterizing crop growth stage and development
- Crop Area, detecting and validating field borders digitally
- Crop Health, measuring the effects of products and treatments
- Elevation & Hydrology, modeling how water will flow within a field to fuel critical decisions about water management
- Flowering, monitoring development and timing throughout the season
- Height & Lodging, measuring canopy height and detecting areas of lodged or damaged crop canopy
- Residue Cover, fueling critical decisions around soil management, including tillage and planting
- Stand Count, quantifying crop emergence and uniformity
The DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Double 4K is now available for purchase. For more information, visit https://www.sentera.com.
Sentera helps agronomic leaders maximize every season as the industry-leading provider of ag analytics. With its intelligent technology ecosystem, powered by machine learning, Sentera delivers more reliable and scalable plant-level measurements to maximize performance outcomes, which can be informed by aerial imagery captured by Sentera’s drone technology solutions or services. Operating in more than 45 countries, Sentera works with hundreds of customers focused on research, product development, and in-field product validation. For more information, visit https://www.sentera.com.