Last updated: May 13, 2021
This policy describes how we Sentera Inc. (“Sentera”, “we”, “us” and “ours”) collect, share and use personal information about you when you visit our website at www.sentera.com (the “Sentera Website”) and use the various mobile, web and desktop applications including the Sentera FieldAgent application (collectively the “Applications”) that we make available to you. The Sentera Website and the Applications are owned and operated by Sentera. Should you have any privacy questions or concerns, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that use of the Applications is subject to the terms and conditions of the “Sentera Application License Agreement”.
- The Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Who We Share Your Personal Information With
- Cookies And Similar Tracking Technologies
- Our Commitment To Security
- International Transfers
- Data Retention
- Use Of The Sentera Website And Applications By Children
- Your Privacy Preferences
- How To Access Or Correct Your Personal Information
- Additional Information If You Are A Resident Of The EEA Or UK
- Privacy And Other Websites And Applications
- Updates To This Policy
This policy applies to all information collected on the Sentera Website, any information you provide to Sentera and any information collected from your use of the Applications. The personal information we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide directly
We will ask you to provide certain information if you register as a user of the Sentera Website, license and use the Applications, subscribe to receive marketing from us or participate in certain Sentera promotions or events.
For example, if you license the FieldAgent platform application or buy equipment from us, we will ask you to provide your name, email address, physical address, the name of the company you work for, your phone number and if you are paying for the license, certain payment information.
If you register as a Sentera Website user we will ask you to provide your name, email address, company you work for and password.
We will also collect any other information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as, your name and contact details, if you subscribe to receive marketing communications from us, submit enquiries or feedback to us, complete online webforms, contact us via email, participate in our product reviews or blogs, or register for our promotions or events. Please exercise caution when posting personal information to Sentera blogs or community hubs as this information may be visible to other Sentera visitors.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Information that we collect automatically
When you visit the Sentera Website or use the Applications, we may automatically collect certain information from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the United Kingdom (“UK”), this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Sentera Website including the pages accessed and links clicked and how you have interacted with direct marketing communications including whether you have opened them.
Collecting this information enables us to understand how users use the Sentera Website and the Applications, where they come from, what content or functionality is of interest or use to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Sentera Website and the Applications to our visitors and users. We also use this information to tailor content and to serve tailored advertising both on the Sentera Website and on third party properties.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies” below.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Sentera Website, Applications, and equipment you purchase, and to ensure that these are relevant, secure, and operate correctly.
- To communicate with you (including to respond to any questions, comments or requests you might have) about the Sentera Website, Applications and associated services received through such Applications, technical support or other administrative or service-related matters.
- To facilitate your participation in surveys, promotions and/or events.
- To facilitate job advertising and communicate with you about career opportunities.
- To send you marketing that might be of interest or relevance to you as permitted by applicable law.
- For analytics, research and product improvement purposes.
- For quality assurance and training purposes, including to resolve any complaints.
- To provide you with a personalised experience when using the Sentera Website and Applications and to serve you with relevant advertising and content both on the Sentera Website and Applications and on third party properties.
- To ensure the security and integrity of our services, including detecting and combating harmful activity, fraud, spam and/or any other illegal activity.
- To comply with any applicable laws and/or regulations.
- For any other lawful business purposes related to or in connection with any of the above or for any other purpose disclosed to you at the point at which we collect your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of the Sentera Website and Applications, to host our servers, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of the Sentera Website and Applications), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this policy or notified to you when we collect your personal information;
Currently we use at least these additional service providers to support our Sentera Website and Applications:
- We may use Oasis products to power our careers opportunity listings on our website.
- Facebook for advertising purposes. Facebook similarly provides more information regarding the information it collects and how it is used in relation to advertising along, with methods to opt out of collecting and sharing of information here: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads; and https://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
- LinkedIn for advertising purposes. LinkedIn provides more information regarding the information it collects and how it is used in relation to advertising along with methods to opt out of collection and sharing of information here: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
- Twitter for advertising purposes. Twitter provides more information regarding the information it collects and how it is used in relation to advertising along with methods to opt out of collecting and sharing information here and adjust your privacy settings as set forth therein: https://twitter.com/en/privacy.
- Various forms of information may also be collected and shared by the operating systems of your mobile devices and computers. Please refer to the applicable privacy policies from those companies regarding those operating systems for more information regarding their privacy practices and your privacy controls.
- Additional general information regarding opt-out from interest-based advertising from companies belonging to the Network Advertising Initiative can be found here: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/, information regarding opting out through the Digital Advertising Alliance can be found here: http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/, and opt-out information for individuals across much of the globe can be found here: https://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer or acquirer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger, acquisition, or disposition of assets in bankruptcy or similar proceeding, of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer or acquirer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this policy;
- to an affiliated company as part of a reorganization;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Access to your personal data is limited to authorized Sentera staff or approved vendors. Although total security does not exist on the Internet or through mobile networks, Sentera shall make commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the information that you submit to Sentera. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, the Sentera servers are located in the United States, and our third party service providers and partners operate in the United States.
However, we take appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this policy. If you are a resident in the EEA or the UK, these include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information and further details can be provided upon request.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with services you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
THE SENTERA WEBSITE AND THE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13.
When you sign up as a registered user of the Sentera Website or Applications you may begin receiving marketing communications such as e-mail newsletters, product and service updates and promotions. Our customers generally find this type of information useful. If you do not want to receive these updates, you can “opt-out” by unchecking the “Add me to the mailing list” box on the registration page, or should you choose to opt-out after registering, you can select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or text and follow the opt-out instructions or send an email to email@example.com.
Send Sentera an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to access, review or correct your personal information collected by Sentera. To protect your privacy and security, Sentera requires a user ID and password to verify your identity before granting you the right to access, review or make corrections to your personal information.
We do not sell your personal information, but nevertheless we offer an opt out to sales of your data in an overabundance of caution to ensure compliance with Nevada law. Verified requests under Nevada law (NRS 603A) to not make any sale of any covered information we have collected or will collect regarding you may be sent to email@example.com. Please included in your email “Request for Nevada Opt-Out” in the subject line and in the body of your message and please indicate in the body of your e-mail that the message is Attn: Legal – Privacy.
Do Not Track
At this time, our Sentera Website does not honor “do not track” requests from web browsers.
If you are a resident of the EEA or the UK, the following sections apply to how we collect and manage your personal information.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this will normally be to operate our Sentera Website or Applications, to communicate with you in order to provide our services, to undertake marketing or to detect or prevent illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information.
- To object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- To opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- To complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
You can exercise any of these rights by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to exercise your right to complain to a data protection authority, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
The data controller of your personal information is Sentera Inc.
The Sentera Website or the Applications may contain links to other websites or other mobile applications. Sentera is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites or applications. This policy only applies to information collected by Sentera.